A weekend retreat-like workshop followed by four live interactive 90-minute webinar sessions designed to improve the quality of care that clinicians provide while improving their own resilience and well-being. This workshop offers an experiential learning environment, with a focus on developing the capacity for self-awareness in stressful and demanding situations.
Designed for medical practitioners (physicians, NPs, PAs) and others involved in medical practice and education. No prior experience is required.
Course Directors: Ron Epstein MD and Mick Krasner MD
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
• Increase self-awareness and self-monitoring during clinical work and teaching.
• Attend to patient’s needs, reduce and respond to errors, practice with greater effectiveness and compassion, and attend to their own well- being.
• Incorporate mindful practice into clinical and educational activities at their home institutions.
The Program includes:
• Two-day intensive workshop followed by four live, interactive 90-minute webinars with didactic and experiential components.
• Eight learning modules integrating self- awareness and contemplative practices, interactive large group sessions, dyadic exercises incorporating narratives and appreciative inquiry dialogues, and small- and large-group discussion.